If you are wondering as to where Hotmail has gone, then you should know that Microsoft has moved all the Hotmail users to its new Outlook email service. So, you can access your Hotmail inbox and emails from the Outlook.com website. Also, you are not required to create a new Outlook account to access the Hotmail emails. You can do so by using your old Hotmail email address and password.
Steps to login to Hotmail through Outlook.com
- Open your favorite web browser and type hotmail.com in the address bar and press the enter key.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft account login page.
- You will first be asked to enter your email address. Since, you want to sign into your Hotmail account enter the email address that ends with @hotmail.com.
- After keying the Hotmail email address, click on the Next option.
- On the next page, you will be asked to enter your password. Type the exact password for the chosen email address in the space provided. Then, click the Next or the sign in option.
- Now, you will find that Hotmail inbox to show up on your computer screen.
How to login to Hotmail on Android devices?
- The first thing to do is to get the Outlook app downloaded on the mobile device. It is offered for free in the Google Play Store for the Android users.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android and then in the search bar, type Outlook Mail.
- Once you find the link to the Outlook Mail, you can click on it to visit the Outlook mail home page. Tap on the install option to get the app downloaded and then installed on your device.
- After the installation is over, visit the Apps folder on your Android and look for the Outlook Mail logo and tap on it to open it.
- Go to the Settings option on the Outlook app and you will come across the Add Account option. You should tap on it to set up your account as you are using the Outlook app for the first time on the device.
- You will now be asked to enter your Outlook email address. Even if you have @hotmail.com or @live.com account, you can use it here to get access to the respective inbox.
- After you key in the email address, tap on the continue button.
- The next screen will take you to the password option where you need to key in the password for the chosen email account.
- After entering the password correctly in the space provided, you just need to tap on the Sign in or the Next button.
- If all the information entered are correct, Outlook will ask your permission to sync the personal content like contacts, calendars, etc. This will help you to access your personal data across all devices.
After completing the above steps, you will now be able to access the Outlook mail app on your Android device.
Login to Hotmail using iOS devices
- Before you think about logging into the Hotmail account, you should download the Outlook Mail app on your iOS devices.
- Visit the Apple App store and search for the Outlook mail link. Once you find the link, tap on it and tap on the Install option to get the app downloaded and installed on the iOS devices.
- Now, browse through the Apps section of the iOS device to find the Outlook Mail app.
- Go to the Settings option on your iOS device and then tap on it.
- From the scroll down menu, look for Accounts and Passwords option and tap on it.
- After this, you just need to tap on the Add account option.
- You will find the Outlook.com option and the other mail options that you have on the device displayed. As you are looking to setup Outlook mail, tap on this option.
- You will find a login page to show up on the device screen.
- The first option to enter is the email address and since you want to access the Hotmail account, type in your Hotmail email address.
- After this, click on the Next option and you will be directed to the Outlook password page.
- Here, key in the password for the Hotmail email address and then tap on the Sign in button that you see below the password type box.
- The app will now ask your permission to access your info and you should tap on the Yes option seen below on the screen.
- You also have the option to choose what all personal data and information that you want to access on your iOS device. By default, all the data will be chosen.
- After you have chosen the Hotmail data, you just need to tap on the Save button.
- Now, you will be taken to the Hotmail inbox and you can start using the app.
Common Hotmail sign in problems
There are a few common issues that might prevent you from getting access to your Hotmail inbox through Outlook.
- Make sure that you are typing the correct email address in the type box when accessing your account.
- It is very important to check out the Caps Lock option when typing the password as it is case sensitive.
- Clear the browser history and then try to sign in to the Hotmail account.
Also, check if the computer or the mobile device is having access to the internet. If not, turn it on.