Hotmail is no longer available as it has been all moved to Outlook.com by Microsoft. But, if any, of the Hotmail fanatics are still looking to create the nostalgic Hotmail email address, then they can do so through the Microsoft Outlook. All the existing users of Hotmail can also get access to their emails through the Outlook account.
Steps to create a Hotmail account
- Open your favorite web browser. Type hotmail.com in the address bar or type www.outlook.com. You will be heading for the Microsoft Outlook account page.
- This page is the one used to create a new account as well as to sign-in with the existing account.
- You will get the option ‘Create free account’ on the top of the page or in the option next to the sign in button.
- You can click either of these to start the process of creating a new Hotmail account.
- Now, you are transferred to the Microsoft Create Account page where the first thing to do is to enter the email address that you want.
- You should type in the address in the new email space seen on the screen.
- After keying the username, you will have to choose the @outlook.com or @hotmail.com option.
- As you want to create a new Hotmail account, you should choose @hotmail that can be found out by pressing on the down arrow next to @outlook.com.
- If the email address you have chosen already exists, there will be a prompt asking you to key in a different address or choose from the suggested email address options.
- The next thing is to click on the Next option. You will be taken to the “create a password” page.
- Here, click on the create password option and type in the password you like. Make sure to use a strong password that has upper and lower case alphabets, numbers and symbols.
- After typing the password, click on the Next option. If you do not like to receive promotional emails from Microsoft, then uncheck the box next to this option before proceeding further.
- The next page seeks your first and the last name. Enter the first name and the last name in the respective spaces on the screen and then click on the Next option.
- The next page asks you for your country/ region. Choose the correct country from the list of countries that will show up when you click on the down arrow.
- The next option is to choose your birth date. There are drop-down options to choose the month, the day and the year. Make sure that you choose the correct options.
- After providing the country and the birth date details, press on the Next option and you will be directed to the security info page.
- Here, you will be asked to choose the country code from the options followed by the space to enter your mobile number. There will be a code sent to your mobile phone number to make sure that you are the one looking to open a new Hotmail account.
- After choosing the country code and typing your phone number, click on the send code option.
- You will receive the secret code on your phone instantly. Type the received code in the access code option and then click on the Next option.
- Once done, your new Hotmail account gets created and you can now start to send and receive emails.
Steps to sign in to Hotmail
The following are the steps you should follow to sign in to Hotmail account.
- Open the web browser and type hotmail.comin the address bar.
- You will be taken to the Microsoft Outlook account sign-in page.
- You will be asked to enter your email address. Key in the email address and then click the Next option seen below.
- You are taken to the password page. Here, enter the password for the Hotmail address and then click on the sign-in option.
- If both the email address and the password you have entered are correct, then you will get instant access to the Hotmail inbox.
How to sign out of Hotmail?
It is very important that you learn the steps to sign out of Hotmail account. This becomes particularly useful if you are accessing your Hotmail emails on a shared or public computer.
- Go to the top right corner of the Hotmail inbox page and click on the email account or your image.
- There will be a drop-down menu that will show up on the right top corner of the screen.
- Look for the sign out option and click on it. You should wait for the process to complete before handing over the system to someone else or even before shutting the PC down.
How to reset lost Hotmail password?
- Click on this link https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx to visit the Microsoft account recovery page.
- Here, you will be asked to first enter your email address that you are having trouble with.
- There will be certain jumbled and disfigured characters on the screen. You need to interpret it and type it correctly in the space provided and then click on the Next option.
- In the next page, you will be asked to choose between the email and the text to receive the recovery code.
- If you choose the email option, then the code will be sent to your alternate email address or else the code will be sent to your phone number.
- Enter this code and get access to create a new password for your email address.
After typing the new password, click on Next to reset the password.