Once you sign up for a Hotmail email ID using Outlook.com, you can log into your account anytime using a browser. Follow the simple steps given below to log into your account:
- Open your web browser and enter the address, Hotmail.com.
- Once the page opens, you will be able to see an option “Sign in”. Click on the option to proceed.
- Next, you will get a window that asks you to enter Email, phone, or Skype ID. You should enter the username of your email address. Now click on “Next” to proceed.
- Enter the password for your hotmail email ID. Below that, you will be able to see an option called “Keep me signed in”. If you want the browser to remember your password and keep you signed in, you can select this option. There is a small checkbox next to the option. Click on it to activate the option. Now you can skip the process of logging in every time you open your Hotmail account on your PC. Note that, you can cancel this option any time by signing out from your hotmail.
- Now click on the option “Sign In”. If you have entered a proper password you will be successfully logged into your account.
How to open your Hotmail by recovering your password?
Losing the password to your email ID can be quite worrying. However, every email service offers a few sets of solutions to sort this issue. Hotmail also provides you with a set of helpful options for recovering your password. Follow the below-mentioned steps to recover your account if you happen to forget the password.
- Open hotmail.com and click on the “Sign In” button. Enter your username in the given field and click on “Next”.
- You will get the window for entering the password. You can try entering passwords that may seem probable. However, do not attempt more than a couple of times as it can get your account locked.
- If you are unable to remember your password, you can click on the link, “Forgot my password”.
- Next, you need to choose the reason for not being able to sign in. In this window, you can see three options. First one is “I forgot the password”. Activate this option and click on the button “Next” to proceed. Note that, the other 2 options are related to certain technical issues that may arise when you are not able to sign in even after entering accurate username and password. For instance, if someone else has logged into your account and changed the password, you can still recover your account with the help of Hotmail’s email recovery procedure.
- In the next step, you will get a window with an option to enter a text Captcha or an audio Captcha. You can choose accordingly and proceed further.
- Next, you will be asked to choose a verification method. If you had provided a backup email ID while creating your Hotmail account, you can click on the option “Email”. Instantly, you will get an email with your backup ID with a verification code. Open the account and retrieve the code. Enter the code in the given slot in the mail recovery window.
- In certain cases, the sign up procedure only asks for a phone number. So if you had submitted a phone number instead of backup email ID, you can choose the option “Text” and proceed to receive a text code on your mobile number. Enter the code to complete the verification process.
- If you are able to successfully complete the verification process, you will get a window to reset your password and login successfully.
- If you fail to provide your backup email ID or if you do not have a registered phone number, you will be asked to provide an alternate email for getting the security code. Further, you might be asked to furnish details about other hotmail accounts or Skype accounts you might have used in the past.
Thus Hotmail offers multiple chances to recover your account.
How to open an alternate Hotmail account?
Many users find it hard to manage their personal mails along with their official ones. The best way to resolve the issue is to open a second hotmail account. However, if you have chosen the option to remember your password, the browser would automatically take you to your current email ID whenever you access hotmail.com. You can get this sorted out by following the below-mentioned steps:
- To make a new account, you need to sign out from your current account. This is necessary if you had selected the option “keep me signed in” while signing up your account.
- For signing out from your current hotmail account, open the main page of your email account. Click on the Avatar or Profile picture on the top right corner of your screen.
- A drop down menu would appear. From the menu, you will get the option “Sign Out”. Click on this button and you will be signed out immediately.
- If you are still facing the issue, you can clear the cookies and cached files from your browser.
- Open the History of your browser from the menu on the top right corner.
- From the left side of the window, choose the option to clear browsing data.
- Next, you will get options to select cookies and cached files for deletion. Make relevant selections and click on ‘Clear data’. This will remove the hotmail password and username saved by your browser.
- Now you can visit hotmail.com and click on “Create free account” to make a fresh email ID.